[Sticker][Sticker][Sticker]【会议提醒通知：今天週三5月5日早上9点的Zoom会议】 会议主题是印度新冠疫情大灾变的抗争。印度目前正抗争全球最严峻的新冠疫情。官方的数据显示每天的死亡人数是 2,000，但公共健康专家认為数据是高过5倍之多，每天死亡人数是1万人，及新感染的一百万人。医院耗尽了所须物资，其中以氧气最為严重。主讲人会描述印度的危机，美国如何為缓解的努力作出供献，及缓解灾难的长远策略。
• Senator Mark Warner, D-Virginia, co-chair of the Senate India Caucus. The Senate India Caucus wrote to President Joe Biden April 26 to ramp up emergency COVID aid to India. Sen. Warner will discuss whether the current $100 million package is sufficient and efforts by the Senate India Caucus to mitigate India’s crisis.
• Dr. Chris De Souza, ENT Head And Neck Surgeon,Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, and Lilavati Hospital and Holy Family Hospital, Mumbai; and
• Dr. Rosemarie De Souza, General Physician, Intensive Care Unit at Nair Hospital in Mumbai. Both Drs. De Souza will speak on the factors that have led to this catastrophe; what they and their colleagues are witnessing in and out of hospitals; why people are testing positive and dying, despite receiving both doses of the vaccine; the lack of critical supplies; the slow vaccine rollout; and perspectives on how India can move forward.
• Sandip Roy, Journalist. Sandip Roy, host of KALW’s Dispatches from Kolkata, will report an on-the-ground perspective from Kolkata.
• Dr. Jalil Parkar, Senior Pulmonary Consultant, Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai. Dr. Parkar, one of India’s leading pulmonologists, has advised state and local governments in India on managing the Covid pandemic. Dr. Parkar, who survived a brutal bout of Covid, will offer perspectives as to how India emerges from this crisis.